Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Prophecy Fellowship! This message board is dedicated to the glorification of Christ Jesus and the edification of Christians through study and discussion of prophecy and life from a scriptural perspective.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Craft Room Organizational Help
Topic Started: October 22, 2012, 4:07 pm (6,983 Views)
hidden in the garden

Okay super organizers...need some advice.

My sewing/scrapbook/craft room needs an entire makeover, including paint job. Carpet is fine. I need help with this room because it is L shaped. My sewing table is built in on the top of the L (kind of like an upside down L).

But i need organizational and storage containers/cupboard ideas. Two big windows to deal with as well.

This would be a great HGTV project LOL!!!

I have excess furniture that needs to get chucked out of the room, I'd like a small wall mount TV, but it also becomes the catchall room for the kids' junk as well. It is not a big space but with the right touches it could turn out nice.

If you have any websites or storage units/cubbies that you use and love post em here. This is my big fall project.

It will only be a project room, so I'd like a craft table or two.

ideas???
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Heather

Do you have an Ikea?

I use this in my front room. You can put a desk in the bookcase, cabinets, you name it.

Ivar It's bare wood, so you can paint or stain to your liking. A fun project for the kids, too.

hidden in the garden

we do relatively close to our house. I've been looking there as well for ideas. :)

HadassahSukkot

Have you checked Pinterest for ideas that would fit your needs and personality on a budget?

You can start here: http://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=craft+room
Edited by HadassahSukkot, January 10, 2013, 5:21 pm.

JJsMom

I struggle with this as well! One of the tricks I've used forever (and seems to help) are those plastic shoe boxes. I buy quality ones - bunches of them. And then sort away! In my bathroom, I have about 8 of them: first aid, stomach meds; sunscreen, combs.. etc etc. I use this system wherever I need fine-tuning. I like them because they fit in small areas - just stacking high. Office Depot makes box line that has different sizes - like those too because you could put a certain craft all together in one big box. The brand is called "Really Useful." Good luck! Would love to see pictures when you're done!

Blessedx4
Member Avatar

HadassahSukkot
January 10, 2013, 5:09 pm
Have you checked Pinterest for ideas that would fit your needs and personality on a budget?

You can start here: http://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=craft+room
Love Pinterest! I could spend all day looking on there and such wonderful crafty ideas!

Blessedx4
Member Avatar

Pinterest is a little hard to figure out, easiest way I found to look at the instructions/recipes etc. is just to click the picture. Then a "see-thru" pop up window will come up over the page (with a great big x in the upper right so you can click it out when you're done), click the picture again on that window and whatever instructions or recipe will come up in another tab. That usually works for me. Hopefully that's not confusing to anyone :lo
Edited by Blessedx4, October 15, 2013, 7:40 am.

JohnS

all I can say is..........

houzz.com

Its the best site out there!!!!

« Previous Topic · Women's Corner · Next Topic »
Add Reply