Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Prophecy Fellowship! This message board is dedicated to the glorification of Christ Jesus and the edification of Christians through study and discussion of prophecy and life from a scriptural perspective.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Loser Recipes; by PlentyGroovy
Topic Started: May 25, 2012, 8:34 am (7,522 Views)
Blessedx4
Member Avatar

Quote:

by PlentyGroovy

It'd be nice to have a recipe thread for folks trying to watch their weight, so here goes!!

This is a pita chip recipe...for baked pita chips, delish with hummus or alone.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pita-Chips/Detail.aspx

Greek yogurt cucumber dip, it says plain yogurt, but use the Greek plain yogurt...

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/tzatziki-sauce/Detail.aspx
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Blessedx4
Member Avatar

Quote:

Sugar-Free Frappuccino
by ToutDeSuite

In a blender, whirl until smooth and frosty:

10 oz. Bolthouse Farms Mocha Cappuccino
1/2 Tbsp. instant coffee granules
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Sugar-free sweetener to taste
1 cup crushed ice

Blessedx4
Member Avatar

Quote:

More Toutie recipes...

*Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

3 chicken Breasts cooked and cut into pieces
1 can Green Chilies, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 8 oz. pkg. Cream Cheese
2 cups grated Cheddar cheese or cheddar cheese/Monterey Jack mix or Pepper
Jack cheese. (1 cup to top the enchilada mixture in the baking dish and 1
cup to put on after you pour the heavy cream.)
1 pint heavy whipping cream (I DON'T use the whole pint!! It is just used to cover the enchiladas!) Maybe use about 3/4 cup or less.

Sauté onion in small amount of butter. When transparent, add chicken pieces and can of green chilies. Mix well and add cream cheese. Cook over low heat until cheese melts. Put mixture in a 13x9 baking dish, top with 1 cup of grated cheese, then pour the whipping cream over the top and then put the last cup of grated cheese over that.
Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or so, checking to make sure the cheese gets bubbly and golden but not burnt.

*Deep dish pizza
Crust:
4-oz cream cheese
3 eggs
1/3 cup cream
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
2 cups mixed italian cheese (I use shredded mozzarella and provolone)
pizza topping:
1/2 cup sugarless pizza sauce (I use 1 small jar- 15 1/2 oz)
1 cup (I use closer to 2) of mozzarella cheese
pizza toppings of your choice (e.g., pepperoni)

Chicken Queso Soup
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 large onion, chopped
3 T butter
2 sm cans chopped green chiles
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 8 oz package of cream cheese
1 can chicken broth
1 1/2 cups of cream (recipe calls for half and half, but i think cream works fine. Or you can use 1 cup cream and 1/2 c. water.
4 t lemon juice
Garlic powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt to taste (start with 2 teaspoons and adjust accordingly)
1-2 cups chopped, cooked chicken. (I usually use however much I have left over. Also, it's good without the chicken.)
1 bunch chopped green onions (white part)
1 bunch chopped cilantro
1. Melt butter over med. high heat. Saute onion in butter until translucent.
2. Add green chiles and tomatoes (do not drain either one) and cook, stirring constantly, until about half of the liquid is evaporated.
3. Add cream cheese and cook until melted, stirring constantly.
4. Add broth, cream, lemon juice and seasonings. (At this point, I usually puree the soup with my immersion blender, but that's optionally--it's good either way).
5. Add chopped chicken and heat until warmed through. Do not boil.
6. Serve, garnishing each portion with chopped green onions and chopped cilantro.
In my opinion, the garnish is a must for this soup. All the fresh ingredients give it a "crunchy kick."

Cream of Tomato Soup
1 serving
8 oz can tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1 tsp sugar substitute (she uses 5-6 drops stevia, I omitted it completely)
1/8-1/4 cup cream
Mix, heat and serve. ( I also added a pinch of celery seed, but it's not necessary)
Deb's note - I use the 8oz can of store brand tomato sauce, then fill the can with 1/2 water and 1/2 cream. I add one packet of Splenda. Depending on the brand of tomato sauce I use, I'll typically add one pinch of salt also.

Cream of Broccoli (or Cauliflower) Soup
10 - 12 oz broccoli, thawed
8 oz block of cream cheese
1 can of chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
6 slices bacon, crumbled
1 med. onion, diced
2 Tbsp. butter
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Pepper and dash of garlic powder, to taste
Bring cream cheese to room temperature ( I microwave it on 4 for 1-1.5 minutes.) Pour broth and cream cheese into slow cooker, heat till smooth. Meanwhile, in a pot sautee onion in 2T. butter till almost transparent. Then add thawed broccoli and cook till tender. Add broccoli/onion mixture to slow cooker. Pour in cream and 2 cups of cheese. Heat through till cheese completely melts. Delicious!!

FRENCH ONION SOUP
1 qt. beef bouillon or brown stock
3 c. thinly sliced yellow onions
3 Tbsp. butter
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. sweetener
1/4 c. dry red wine (optional)
1 c. grated Parmesan cheese
Pour bouillon stock in slow cooker. Cook onions slowly in
large skillet in butter; cover and let cook for about 15
minutes. Uncover and add salt, sweetener and wine.
Stir well. Add to stock in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6
to 8 hours (High: 3 hours). Before serving, top with grated
cheese.

Preheat oven to 375
Beat together cream cheese and eggs till smooth. Add cream,
parm cheese,and spices and mix again.
Spray oblong casserole dish with PAM (I use my 9 x 13 glass casserole dish). Sprinkle 2 cups italian cheeses into
dish and pour egg mixture over it. Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes. Let
stand for 5 minutes.
Spread on pizza sauce and toppings - sprinkle mozarella cheese over the top. Then sprinkle with more parm cheese if desired.
Return to oven and bake til bubbly and browning. Allow to stand 10 minutes
before cutting.

Chicken Enchilada Soup
1 can each red and green enchilada sauce
1 cup cubed cooked chicken

Heat chicken and sauce. Top with cheese and sour cream.

Lemon (Chinese) Chicken

Chicken
• 2 whole boneless chicken breasts
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/2 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
• 1/8 teaspoon salt & pepper

Rub chicken with garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper. Fry chicken.

Sauce
• 1/3 cup lemon juice
• 1/3 cup water
• 1/3 cup Splenda
• 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 1 dash salt

Combine sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Serve over chicken.

Mascarpone Pancakes
4 oz. softened mascarpone cheese
2 eggs
1 pkt. Splenda (optional - I don't use it anymore)
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. imitation vanilla flavor, or less if it's the pure stuff
Mix everything together (a whisk works great for this), and cook w/ butter in a pan. You can double the amounts to make a larger batch.
Also, try to resist flattening them w/ a spatula when flipping so they won't be so thin.
Serve w/ raspberries and SF whipped cream.

Strawberry Soup
1 lb. (about 4 cups) sliced strawberries (fresh or frozen)
1 c. apple juice
1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/8 tsp. ground cardamom
Yogurt or sour cream for garnish
Sprinkle of cinnamon for garnish

Combine first 8 ingredients in a blender (strawberries through cardamom). Process until smooth; you may need to work in batches. Chill at least 3 hours. Garnish with a dollop of yogurt or sour cream and dust with ground cinnamon. Serve cold. Makes 3 servings.

Chicken Adobo
1 chicken, cut up
1/2 tsp chopped garlic
2T soy sauce
1/4c vinegar
1/4c onion, chop in large pieces
1/2 tsp black pepper
(1/2 tsp salt)
1c water
Combine all ingredients in large enough saucepan or Dutch oven.
Bring to boil, then simmer, covered, for 1/2 hour or more.
Simmer uncovered until liquid is reduced by half.
Serve with some stir-fried veggies.
I don't add the salt. Add more soy sauce, vinegar and water if you want more sauce, but still reduce it for flavor.

Pulled BBQ Chicken
I boned about 2 lbs of chicken thighs & browned them in a cast iron skillet with the skin on. Once they were browned, I took the skin off & put the pieces in a crock pot. I mopped up the excess grease in the skillet with a paper towel, added about 1/4 c water to loosen up the browned bits of chicken & added to the crock pot.
I sprinkled the chicken liberally with a mixture of smoked paprika and a Penzey's spice mix (called Barbeque of the America's) that included salt, sweet paprika, allspice, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, black pepper, thyme, ginger, white pepper, cinnamon.
I put on low for about 4 hours. The chicken fell apart like shredded pork. Very moist, tender & flavorful without being real sloppy w/bbq sauce. If you don't have Penzey's mix, I am sure you could make your own. Great to make when it is too hot to cook.

Beef Stroganoff Hamburger Helper
1 lb. ground beef
3/4 C water
1 C. sour cream
1 medium onion
1 can or 8oz package of mushrooms
1/2 t. garlic
1T. olive oil
1 ½ Tbsp beef bouillon
S&P to taste
Brown ground beef in oil. Cut the onion in half, then slice in 1/4" strips and sauté with the meat. Add the garlic and let it simmer for about 15 minutes, add the water, bouillion, and mushrooms and let the meat simmer for another 15 min (this will make a great beef juice) add the sour cream just before you serve it and salt and pepper to taste.

Skinny Soup Recipe

Makes 12 servings

low calorie soup

Ingredients 6 cups beef broth
28 oz diced tomato (with juice)
2 tbs tomato paste
4 cups chopped cabbage
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup sliced carrots
1 cup green beans
1 cup chopped zucchini
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1 salt
1 pepper

Directions
Spray pot with non-stick cooking spray saute onions garlic and carrots 5 minutes

add the rest of the ingredients and simmer 1 hour

You can add vegetables and seasoning of your choice.

(I use 2 pouches of onion soup and 6 cups of water for the beef bouillon)

Read more: http://caloriecount.about.com/skinny...#ixzz0csYo8epQ

Blessedx4
Member Avatar

Quote:

by Vickimac

Healthier Onion Rings

For dipping you need small bowls of skim milk, flour, slightly beaten egg whites & panko bread crumbs.

Slice a big onion into rings. Soak in the milk for a few minutes and then dredge in the flour, then the egg, then the bread crumbs. Lay on baking sheet & spray lightly with cooking spray- don't forget this step- it's what makes them crisp!

Bake at 425 for about 20 25 minutes til crispy- boy are these good!

I do them lowcarb by using carbquick baking mix for flour, heavy cream/water for the milk, whole egg & crushed pork rinds for the bread. so good-just like from a restaurant - I am going to try making other 'breaded' vegetables as well, green pepper rings, small pieces of broccoli & cauliflour. Also mozzarella sticks and maybe some thin sliced chicken tenders- pretty much anything that can cook in 20 minutes.

Blessedx4
Member Avatar

Quote:

PlentyGroovy

Those onion rings sound so yummy!! Baked instead of fried...interesting.

Blessedx4
Member Avatar

Quote:

Vickimac

Try it- you'll like it! Cuts out all that deep frying fat/calorie. And they actually come out crisp & delish! I just did some green bell pepper rings & moz stix- very good too. But watch your oven, they did not take as long as the recipe said, at least for me the peppers got done in about 15 minutes [10 for mozz].

And now they even have the olive oil spray Pam which is even better.

Blessedx4
Member Avatar

Quote:

ColcordMama

Here's the chicken dish I pretty much lived on for dinner every night during the months I lost 61#. It's really, really good. I added a baked sweet potato on the side (eaten with salt only on it) and it filled me right up so I didn't want to snack.

Place in a lidded glass baking dish:

2 frozen boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins (total of 110 calories, check the bag they come in)
a large handful of cubed frozen red, green, orange, and/or yellow bell pepper
sometimes half a smallish onion, peeled
sprinkle well with garlic pepper salt (available in bottles for a buck at Walgreen's drug store)
Cover and bake for 45 min to an hour at 350 degrees.

For the sweet potato, choose smallish ones that are no larger than the palm of your hand, taking into consideration volume and shape. Wash well--because you'll be eating the skin too--and poke several times with a fork. Place on a cookie sheet (or in the baking dish with the chicken) and bake until tender when pierced with a fork. Split open and sprinkle with sea salt and eat. Like I said, eat the skin too, b/c that's where most of the vitamins and fiber are and it will keep you feeling fuller longer.

« Previous Topic · Low Cal / Low Carb · Next Topic »
Add Reply