Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Prophecy Fellowship! This message board is dedicated to the glorification of Christ Jesus and the edification of Christians through study and discussion of prophecy and life from a scriptural perspective.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
AG/ND #36 Spring is Coming, Finally!; A Great Place to Chat!
Topic Started: March 20, 2018, 7:06 am (2,334 Views)
barb43
Member Avatar
Wish Martha Stewart was My Sister!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

barb43
Member Avatar
Good morning, Mel, Scott, Jeanette, Carmen, Cathy!

That weather across the south was terrible last night, wasn't it? I'm seeing scenes of the destruction in Alabama from the tornado ... And I saw a map of the expected snow amounts across WV and Pennsylvania. And you're expecting another foot of snow, Scott?

Spring starts about 11:15 CT today, but doesn't sound much like spring yet, does it?!?

Y'all have a great day today. Sweetie has a doctor's appointment in Oklahoma City this afternoon to see about getting some injections in his neck to relieve his back pain. I'm going to ride along to keep him company. Meanwhile, I've got to wrap up a few things before that. :wave

Blackjack

barb43
March 20, 2018, 7:11 am
And you're expecting another foot of snow, Scott?

Yes. Three days ago the forecast was for this thing to pass to our south. Today they say expect a direct hit, again. I'm really tired of winter.

cricket55
Member Avatar

No Barb have never tried that green stuff you mentioned in the other thread. Sounds interesting though. I just cannot drink as much beer anymore, well I usually have 1 every so often and cannot even finish it, which is a good thing. Compared to what it was like when I got out of the Navy, could drink 8 and still get up and walk away. Was much much younger and would not even want to do that anymore. :ohno

Gee Scott are you all trying to squeeze all the snow for the winter in a short amount of time??? How much do you have on the ground???

Mel how much snow have you gotten??? How is May doing???

Barb I love the Spring pic with the kitty, looks like a tiger kitty I had.

Jeanette how has the weather been in your neck of the woods???

It was colder today and we may get some snow tomorrow.

:grouphug

M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

cricket55
March 20, 2018, 4:23 pm
Mel how much snow have you gotten??? How is May doing???

We have about 6 inches on the ground so far, but the snow is to continue off and on until sometime tomorrow night. In all, we could get up to 18 inches total. That is more than we had all Winter combined.

May as always is being her usual silly self. It seems she has finally gotten over her hatred of the snow shovel and now she just waits for the chance to eat snow off of it.

:May

At work this evening, I only had 2 customers all evening. :faint If it were up to me, the store would have closed early.
Edited by M. Hawbaker, March 20, 2018, 8:11 pm.

M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Posted Image

Images hosted on Flikr.com

barb43
Member Avatar
:wave Hi, PF'ers!

Can't believe the snow so many of you are getting! It's still in the low 50s right now. I walked out back with the dogs & it was a little chilly, but not too bad.

We were in Oklahoma City this afternoon - Sweetie had a dr's appointment to see about getting some injections to hopefully 'fix' the pain in his neck. They'll call him to set the appointment - today was a preliminary checkup. Then we headed over to Academy Sports & whatever it's called to look at a combination elliptical/recumbent bike that I really think I want. From there, we headed to the new Skechers factory outlet shop ... and I got a call from a past client, who was determined to buy a house that's on the market but people are interested in, hot 'n heavy. We talked while I shoe shopped.

Well, the couple of phone calls she 'n I had changed our plans of having a nice dinner before we came back to Lawton. :heh I paid for my shoes (buy a pair, get the 2nd half off - good deal! :thumb ), and we headed for the interstate. We got home around 7 and I headed for the office. About 9:30, we had the deal written, the doors locked, and I was headed home. I had to scan & email the contract to the listing agent, who is out of state during spring break, but I got that done by about 10:30. It may not sound like a big deal, but ... there's a whole back story about somebody standing me up to see that house & then telling me he knew a certain realtor so had him show it to him, & that guy's wife is gonna write the offer for him but he still has to go to his bank & see if he can get the money, etc., etc. And I got cut out, which happens to each and every one of us at times - even tho' the guy sounds flaky & may never qualify for a loan. It's upsetting tho', when it happens to you (me). This call from this lady this evening was a real God deal! I'm worn out and I have to be at the office fairly early tomorrow so I'm heading to bed. Love you guys & see you tomorrow! :grouphug

warrior-child
Member Avatar

:coffee ‘Morning

M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

Good morning! :wave

We have about 10 inches of snow so far with about that much more possible in the forecast for today and tonight. And another snowstorm is likely this weekend. :Sob

:snow
Edited by M. Hawbaker, March 21, 2018, 6:21 am.

warrior-child
Member Avatar

:wave 37 degrees here this am. No snow. Just “ugh “weather wet & gloomy

Blackjack

cricket55
March 20, 2018, 4:23 pm

Gee Scott are you all trying to squeeze all the snow for the winter in a short amount of time??? How much do you have on the ground???

It's been snowing a lot, frequently, but in between storms it has been relatively warm. Most of it is gone. Right now there are about three inches on the ground.

M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Image hosted on Flikr.com

cricket55
Member Avatar

May is so adorably cute, nice that she is friends with the shovel now. Love the pics of PA :lol

Well that worked out well Scott to have all that snow melt, bet Mel would give you some of his. :heh

It was in the 40's today, could have a small chance of snow over the weekend.

So glad the serial bomber in Texas will no longer set the bombs, police found a lot of bomb making materials in his home.

Have a good night all.

:grouphug

warrior-child
Member Avatar

M. Hawbaker
March 21, 2018, 1:13 pm
Posted Image

Image hosted on Flikr.com
Mel, True that! :lol

Servant
Member Avatar
Official Taste Tester
Hello friends!

Sorry so many of you are dealing with yucky weather. We had a remarkably mild winter. Plenty of cold temps but very little snow. Spring has been early and lovely.

I'm on Spring Break. Well, officially Spring Break is next week. But, I was doing well enough that I didn't have to take my anatomy and physiology final, so I've been done with work and classes since last Thursday. I'm still (impatiently) waiting for my Sociology final grade to be calculated, but I am pretty confident I'll make the Dean's List. I've had other 4.0 quarters, but this will be the first time I've pulled a 4.0 quarter while taking full-time credits. I suspect my lowest grade for the quarter will be Fitness Center at an even 100%. (God Bless Extra Credit!)

I've been dealing with an AWFUL backache for the last week or so. My fiance introduced me to aleve. It seems to be helping quite a bit more than the ibuprofen. Hoping it heals up quickly.

Spring quarter begins April 2nd. I'll be taking Anatomy and Physiology 2 and, gulp, a public speaking class. I would never in a million years take a public speaking class by choice, it's a requirement.

Then, as soon as Spring quarter classes are over it will be time for my wedding! Getting hitched three months from tomorrow. Super excited and super happy. We both are.

Simon spent the winter in Hawaii and did an internship at a law office. He had a blast. Just returned to New Hampshire today.

I think that's all the updates from here!

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Anything Goes! · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: