Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Prophecy Fellowship! This message board is dedicated to the glorification of Christ Jesus and the edification of Christians through study and discussion of prophecy and life from a scriptural perspective.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
AG/ND #35: Winter Has Come; Chat Thread for Winter
Topic Started: December 21, 2017, 6:34 am (2,138 Views)
M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Image hosted on Flickr.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

Good morning!

:wave

M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

Servant

Moose is good. It just tastes like beef except MUCH leaner so it's dryer....I've had deer and elk before. They are "ok" if they are prepared well. Moose is MUCH better, not gamey at all.
I've had deer but not elk or moose. I think that the most unusual meat that I have eaten is Buffalo.

barb43
Member Avatar
Wish Martha Stewart was My Sister!
Good morning! Happy Winter too!

Love the new winter bat cave, Mel! :thumb I love buffalo meat too. It's grassfed, rich in taste. A friend had bought a buffalo at the Wildlife Refuge sale one year. It went through every fence on his mother's land. He ended up having it butchered and he split the meat with me & my late-dh. We got about 300 lbs. I'd love to get in on a deal like that again.

We may set a new record high here today, before the freezing rain arrives in the morning. :twitch ... :ohno That's a whale of a storm that's supposed to move across the country over the next few days. I'm heading out to load up the back of the Tahoe with recyclables and a couple of bags to take to Salvation Army in a few minutes. It's 'almost' daylight enough.

Y'all have a great day today! I keep thinking it's Friday, but I really am happy that it's only Thursday.

warrior-child
Member Avatar

:wave

Blackjack

M. Hawbaker
December 21, 2017, 6:39 am
I've had deer but not elk or moose. I think that the most unusual meat that I have eaten is Buffalo.
I've had deer too and squirrel(Dare I say it? Tastes like chicken.) Bullfrogs are pretty good but there's not much meat on them.

Blackjack

Maria had a minor surgical procedure done today. The discharge nurse was going down the list of do's and don'ts, "Don't drive and don't sign any legal documents." I started laughing so the nurse asked what was so funny. "You just told her not to sign any legal documents and then handed her several to sign!" Now she was laughing too. She told me that I was the only one who ever picked up on that. :lol

M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

:lol

cricket55
Member Avatar

Well made it through a short work day. I was sitting down to do my notes and leave when the DOR told me I had one more patient to see. She told me who it was and I went and saw her and was back in less than 5 minutes. This patient always refuses therapy for the most part. If they refuse 3 times in a row they are discharged from therapy.

There was alot of traffic during the first hour driving north but it thinned out and we made it up to Charles City without seeing anything!!!!! :clap In fact it has not done anything up here at all. To the west there is some snow and the rain and freezing rain is way to the south.

I have never had moose, sounds interesting to try. I have had buffalo and deer. Do not think I could eat a squirrel though I hear it is good.

Barb you are so luckey to have it hit 72, won't see that here until spring. We are having dropping temps over the next few days and it will be 0 on Christmas. Stay in and in PJ's.

:grouphug

M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

Blackjack
December 21, 2017, 12:28 pm
I've had deer too and squirrel(Dare I say it? Tastes like chicken.)
How do you know that it isn't the chicken that tastes like squirrel?

:bolt

barb43
Member Avatar
Wish Martha Stewart was My Sister!
M. Hawbaker
December 21, 2017, 9:28 pm
Blackjack

:hysterical Never thought of that!

I've eaten squirrel many times. I really liked it - it always seemed to be kind of salty. Don't know if that's because someone added too much salt, or what. Haven't eaten squirrel since I came to Oklahoma. Here, they're commonly referred to as "tree rats" and they do a lot of damage to siding, soffit & fascia boards, and in your attic if they get in there.

I've also eaten rabbit. It was good, but not good enough to go looking for more. I've eaten rattlesnake once - now that tasted like greasy chicken, with lots of bones. :ohno Surprisingly, I've lived here 38 years and have never eaten armadillo. :shrug Goat - I've eaten goat, barbecued. Liked it and would like to try it again.

Can't think of anything else unusual.

Glad you got home okay, Carmen! :tea Don't think we quite got to 72 today; it was slow to warm up, and it was windy. We probably got close tho'. I know it was in the upper 60s at least.

It's real windy and cold this evening. We may have some ice on the bridges, sidewalks & steps in the morning. The weatherman recommended going out & pulling your wipers off the windshield so they aren't frozen to the glass in the morning. :B:

Think I'll head to bed . . . Y'all stay warm. :grouphug

warrior-child
Member Avatar

:coffee ‘Morning

Blackjack

M. Hawbaker

I suppose that if I had experienced squirrel before chicken I would say chicken tastes like squirrel. :pound

cricket55
Member Avatar

M. Hawbaker
Blackjack

cricket55
Member Avatar

:coffee Good Morning. Not much sleep last night, need to get use to the noises in old houses during the winter.

Had a light dusting of snow last night, need a bit more. Could have some on Christmas Eve.

Watching some Hallmark movies. Brother Jerry informed me I need to take him shopping tonight after he gets home from working. He so waits until the last moment to do his shopping. :ohbrother

Have a good day all.

:grouphug

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Anything Goes! · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: