Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Prophecy Fellowship! This message board is dedicated to the glorification of Christ Jesus and the edification of Christians through study and discussion of prophecy and life from a scriptural perspective.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
AG/ND #34 Cooler Weather on the Way!; Chat Thread for Fall
Topic Started: August 31, 2017, 9:23 pm (4,635 Views)
barb43
Member Avatar
Wish Martha Stewart was My Sister!
Posted Image

Ecclesiastes 3:1 For everything there is a season,
and a time for every matter under heaven . . .

Thought it was time for a new AG/ND thread, with fall so near and already feeling like it's here for many of us. No doubt we're likely to have more warm weather before it's all over for the season. And anyway, this is the last long weekend for many for summer fun . . . let's have a Labor Day Celebration here in AG/ND! :thumb

The weatherman said that here we only had 15 days in August where the temperature reached 90 or above, and only one day that reached 100. That's so unusual for SW Oklahoma!

Local high schools begin football Friday of this week, and college ball starts Saturday. Yay!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

warrior-child
Member Avatar

Looking good, Barb! :wink

warrior-child
Member Avatar

:cool
Good morning!
September 1st!

M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

Good morning!

:wave
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

Blackjack

Tomorrow, Sept. 1, is moving day in Boston. A fresh new crop of college students move into their apartments. Every year on that day local residents have an unofficial pool to guess how many rental moving trucks get "Storrowed." Storrowed is when you manage to get your truck stuck under any of the low bridges crossing Storrow Drive in spite of the numerous warning signs at every entrance. Y'all want in on it? There's no prize just the satisfaction of guessing right. I'm guessing three!
Quote:

We're off to an early start. As of this evening there are one stuck and one near miss, dude stopped in time. In case you're wondering why the bridges are so low or why don't they lower the road. The parkways on both sides of the Charles River run right along the river bank. The underpasses are actually below the water level. Yeah, they do flood from time to time. They really can't be dug out any deeper.
For your enjoyment.

I don't think that I've ever heard the term "Storrowed" before, but here we have had many trucks get stuck under the railroad bridge that is just up the street from my house. This despite the fact that we also have many very large and obvious warning signs about the low clearance.

:lol
Edited by M. Hawbaker, September 1, 2017, 5:44 am.

M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

barb43
August 31, 2017, 9:23 pm
The weatherman said that here we only had 15 days in August where the temperature reached 90 or above, and only one day that reached 100. That's so unusual for SW Oklahoma!

It was an unusually mild August here too. Most years, August is so hot and dry the the grass doesn't grow much at all. But this year, I had to mow at least once and sometimes twice every week.

Blackjack

Mild August in Massachusetts too.

cricket55
Member Avatar

Nice digs Barb. Love the pic of the puppy.

Went back to CC for the weekend and the traffic was horrific. Have not seen it that busy for a while. One lady wanted pass us, she turned her lights on and off. To me that means there is law enforcement in the area. Well what ever it meant she was ticed when she drove passed us, she raised her middle finger at us and was cussing. :eyeroll

We saw a whole field of beans turned yellow, corn fields are drying out and the leaves are turning on alot of trees...........way way early for any of this. Hope winter will not be a stinker.

Scott that is a funny story about the students. :lol We always know when they are back in town as well. It is always a good idea to avoid the downtown and campus area totally.

Our sweet little lady, Bonita, is not doing so well. Her family was gathered in her room this afternoon.

Have fun weekend all.

:grouphug2

Blackjack

cricket55
September 1, 2017, 5:46 pm

Scott that is a funny story about the students. :lol

So far only one truck stuck under a bridge. One guy stopped in time and another was stopped by police on an entrance ramp. It's a long weekend so there's plenty of time for a few more.
I should add that this time frame is also known as "Allston Christmas" due to the vast amount of stuff left behind on the sidewalks by departing students. Allston is a section of Boston with an extremely high student population. When I was a kid I used to score all kinds of stuff from records and audio equipment to bicycles. It was a great time to be a kid!
Edited by Blackjack, September 1, 2017, 8:17 pm.

warrior-child
Member Avatar

:wave good morning

M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

Good morning! :wave

It's cold and rainy here this morning.

Blackjack

:wave

barb43
Member Avatar
Wish Martha Stewart was My Sister!
Happy Saturday! How are you all?

That's sad that Miss Bonita is not doing well, Carmen. :sad

Watching Okla U "Boomer Sooners!" play University of Texas at El Paso UTEP. I always cheer for all the Texas teams, unless they're playing the Sooners or Okla State. :heh We missed the 1st half - were out taking care of some errands & rentals. 1 min to go in the 3rd qtr and the Sooners are up 49 to 7. :freaked I would have expected UTEP to have shown out better than this, but it is only the first game of the season.

About to cook up a batch of baked garlic parmesan turkey cutlets. Not sure what I'm fixing to go with them ... maybe some wild rice and steamed veggies. I'm hungry & we need some healthy food.

:drama Oh, man, Sweetie just mentioned that we forgot to get some cream cheese and sour cream while we were out. Well, I'm gonna make a quick run to the nearest store and get some!

I'm planning to make a pot of chili for dinner tomorrow. :): I'm really in a cooking mood this weekend.
Edited by barb43, September 2, 2017, 5:31 pm.

cricket55
Member Avatar

:grouphug

warrior-child
Member Avatar

:wave good morning

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Anything Goes! · Next Topic »
Add Reply