Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Prophecy Fellowship! This message board is dedicated to the glorification of Christ Jesus and the edification of Christians through study and discussion of prophecy and life from a scriptural perspective.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
AG/ND #33: Summer Fun In The Sun; Chat Thread For Summer
Topic Started: June 20, 2017, 8:31 pm (5,211 Views)
M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

Posted Image

"Now learn this parable from the fig tree:
As soon as its branch becomes tender and sprouts leaves,
you know that summer is near. (Matthew 24:32)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

Good evening! :wave

It is a relatively cool comfortable evening here at about 70 degrees.

The muffler fell out of my car today, so I am driving one of my Dad's cars for a few days until the garage can get around to fixing mine.

barb43
Member Avatar
Wish Martha Stewart was My Sister!
I :heart the new summer thread, Mel! :D:

Gotta get up early tomorrow so I can catch up on the stuff I didn't get done this afternoon & evening.

I decided to drink more water ... thinking I'm not hydrated enough, after reading some article on taking care of your lymphatic system :whistle , and I got off to a good start this morning, and then I got sidetracked. Didn't eat well today, and it was too hot . . . I came home & laid down for a nap about 4, and slept till 6:30. :ohno And then my computer was down most of the evening, which I'm happy to have the new Office365 because the previous one had outlived its basic usefulness. But all this is why I'm behind now.

We've lost another well-known figure in the community. A great guy, Red Hulen, who was a builder, real estate broker, appraiser ... and all around good Christian man. He was 81; had a heart attack a couple of weeks ago and passed away this past Sunday. I really liked the man - we had some great conversations over the past 15 years. I'm going to miss him. Edward had known him years longer than I had, and he was blue this afternoon after finding out Red had passed away.

warrior-child
Member Avatar

:wave good morning

Nice summer place, Mel

:hug Barb sorry re ur friend

M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

Good morning!

:wave

Blackjack

:wave

barb43
Member Avatar
Happy 1st Day of Summer!!

Got up and around a bit earlier than usual. Got a handful of projects around the house completed or at least they're going - cooking 2 big turkey tenderloins for a couple of meals, for one thing.

I don't want to waste any of the day!

Y'all have a great day! :wave

Blackjack

Say what you like about the postal service but sometimes they do amaze me. I bought an eBay item from some guy in Detroit. Tracking info indicated that it was at the Detroit post office yesterday afternoon. Today it is already on the truck for delivery.

Blackjack

I was talking to my brother a few days ago and we shared some web sites. I gave him Bare Naked Islam while he gave me one that I'm not going to name. "You'll like it." Well, I didn't. It was full of misogynist nonsense (he did warn me about that) civil war revisionism and hardcore alt-right stuff. I was sort of OK with it until I read an article going off on the evangelical church's love affair with Israel. It's because of dispensationalism. Ah, I get it. He's advocating replacement theology. The authors main complaint is that dispensationalists take the Bible literally. That's the only way it will work. Huh? What exactly is wrong with that, I wonder?

I deleted the bookmark.

cricket55
Member Avatar

Mel I like your new avatar of May and the kitty sitting in beach chair.

Finally a cooler day after the rain passed through and go back to the hot box tomorrow. Even though summer just got started I am looking forward to cooler fall weather. :stache I just do not do well with heat and humidity.

The NH does not have a great cooling system so it can be really steaming at times. Just glad I can wear capris and sandals to work.

My favorite resident, Leroy, was cranky today. We got him up early and were in the process of transferring him over to his wheel chair using a sliding board. Well we thought it went rather well, but Leroy did not like it and made it known. I was trying to pull the sliding board from underneath him and I kept pulling and pulling and could not understand why it was so hard. Next thing I know Darcy is telling me that I am pulling the cushion out also. :headscratch Did not understand that at all why the cushion was coming along with it......Leroy also. So I stopped and we transferred him back to the bed. Found out what was causing the big ado......we use dyson (sp) to keep patients from sliding out of their wheel chairs if they have had a stroke or slide down in the chair.
It really works!!! :pound Leroy had a sheet of it on his cushion so that is why the cushion, and the slide board were together like glue. :hysterical We had a good laugh over that. And Leroy went rolling down the hallway in his wheel chair once we had all back in place......cussing up a storm.

Hope you all have a pleasant evening.

:grouphug
Edited by cricket55, June 21, 2017, 5:38 pm.

barb43
Member Avatar
Leroy sounds like a hoot! He's the type I'd get a kick out of, I'm sure. :): Glad he's back with you, Carmen.

Long day ... got a lot done. Almost have this doggone 1-page ad for the July real estate magazine finished. :B: Heading to bed after that -- I'm on floor in the morning.

:grouphug2

warrior-child
Member Avatar

:wave good morning

M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

Good morning! :wave

Looks like it is going to be a hot one here today. After the last few cooler days, the temperature is expected to go back up into the 90s today.

I got my car back from the garage this morning.
Edited by M. Hawbaker, June 22, 2017, 8:07 am.

Blackjack

Are people (sheeple) in Massachusetts delusional or what? Our legislature wants Massachusetts to be the first state to heavily tax sugary drinks. There are some cities but no entire states that already do this. No sweat off my brow as I don't drink that stuff anyway. Already they are promising that the projected revenue will be used for anti-obesity programs and other health related stuff. The general public? Yeah! This is great. Go for it.
Oh really?! You know the old saying, "He who does not remember the past is doomed to repeat it." Several years ago we were asked to vote on a bill to raise tobacco taxes. All of this money would go toward smoking cessation programs and other health related things. One of our state legislators warned that no matter what the bill said the money would be spent on anything they wanted. It was just a big money grab. The guy was a prophet. Within days of passage the Supreme Judicial Court ruled that the money was a part of the general fund. Anti-smoking classes? We're still waiting. The funny part is that so many people quit smoking (a good thing) that revenue projections fell short. They had already spent the money based upon those projections! Massachusetts! :pound

barb43
Member Avatar
Blackjack
June 22, 2017, 9:06 am
The funny part is that so many people quit smoking (a good thing) that revenue projections fell short. They had already spent the money based upon those projections! Massachusetts! :pound
:heh That serves 'em right, eh?!? Lol

My objection to ideas like that is that the folks with the money who are buying those heavily-sweetened drinks (it's more likely to be HFCS than true sugar :eyeroll ) are grown-ups who should be able to make the choices they want to make. :shrug We don't need the cliche "nanny state" telling us what to do. I don't drink sodas at all, nor any of many other drinks - like what you can get at Sonic or Braum's here - because my suspicion is that they're full of all kinds of chemicals and HFCS that I don't want to consume.

edited to add: Real estate is going a little buggy around me this week ... that's basically a good thing, but I'm jumping to keep up. :lol Just had an out-of-state owner call & tell me to drop the price on his house over 15%. He's determined to get it sold, soon. I don't blame him. He's not the only owner that stuff is going on with, he's just the most immediate to take care of this afternoon. :ohno

And I did get that 1-pg ad finished, finally. :thumb

Edited by barb43, June 22, 2017, 3:03 pm.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Anything Goes! · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: