Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Prophecy Fellowship! This message board is dedicated to the glorification of Christ Jesus and the edification of Christians through study and discussion of prophecy and life from a scriptural perspective.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Coptic churches in Egypt cancel Easter celebrations, mourning Palm Sunday bombings
Topic Started: April 12, 2017, 10:36 am (393 Views)
M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

Coptic churches in the south of Egypt said they would not hold Easter celebrations this year, in mourning of the 45 Coptic Christians killed in the two Palm Sunday bomb attacks.

The Minya Coptic Orthodox Diocese said it would be commemorating Easter 'without any festive manifestations'. 'The Easter mass will be limited to prayers only,' a Facebook statement by Bishop Makarious of Minya and Abu Korkas said, according to Ahram Online.

At least 45 people were killed and more than 100 injured in Palm Sunday bombings on two Coptic churches in Egypt. ISIS claimed responsibility for the attacks.

https://www.christiantoday.com/article/coptic.churches.in.egypt.cancel.easter.celebrations.mourning.palm.sunday.bombings/107219.htm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Blackjack

:cry

cricket55
Member Avatar

:pray2

barb43
Member Avatar
Wish Martha Stewart was My Sister!
:cry . . . :pray I am praying for the safety of all of those Christians remaining in Egypt. Praying that God's hedge of protection will be around them as they live their days on hostile soil. Praying that they will minister to their family members who are not yet believers in and followers of Jesus Christ that many more will turn away from Islam and toward Jesus. In Jesus' name, amen.

This makes me so sad. Also reminds me time is short for sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ wherever we are.

M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

barb43
April 16, 2017, 11:38 am
:cry . . . :pray I am praying for the safety of all of those Christians remaining in Egypt. Praying that God's hedge of protection will be around them as they live their days on hostile soil. Praying that they will minister to their family members who are not yet believers in and followers of Jesus Christ that many more will turn away from Islam and toward Jesus. In Jesus' name, amen.
Amen!

« Previous Topic · Israel & the Middle East · Next Topic »
Add Reply