Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Prophecy Fellowship! This message board is dedicated to the glorification of Christ Jesus and the edification of Christians through study and discussion of prophecy and life from a scriptural perspective.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
AG/ND #32: Spring Has Sprung; Chat Thread for Spring
Topic Started: March 20, 2017, 9:25 am (2,541 Views)
M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Let us know; let us press on to know the Lord;
his going out is sure as the dawn;
he will come to us as the showers,
as the spring rains that water the earth.”
(Hosea 6:3 ESV)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

barb43

Our dogs were "real dogs" this morning. They love to chase rabbits in the backyard. Houston D. Hound Dog spied a rabbit in the side yard and raced in its direction. He and Fran caught it at the back fence after it ran across the yard, surprisingly (they nev-er catch them). And that was the end of one big rabbit! Fran ended up with it and trotted around the yard with it in her mouth - she was so proud. She didn't know what to do with it so dropped it at the back door and went in the house. Houston ran over and poked it a couple of times with his nose. He looked up at me for an answer - seemed confused. I held up my hands and told him, "it's all gone." I think he was disappointed it wouldn't get up and run any more. Poor dogs - they're victims of instinct. :heh

I disposed of the rabbit and have spent the past hour telling them, "Good job!" "Good dog!" because I don't want them to think they did something wrong or bad. :ohno They're laying in the floor at my feet now, quietly.

:lol These animals certainly do keep life interesting.

barb43
Member Avatar
Wish Martha Stewart was My Sister!
Love our spring-y new bat cave, Mel! Thanks for starting a new thread. :thumb

Edited by barb43, March 20, 2017, 6:13 pm.

warrior-child
Member Avatar

Mel, cute spring picture & I really like the verse!
Thank you

Barb, enjoyed ur doggie story!
Beware "Peter Rabbit"!

DD#3's 4 year old got tubes in his ears today. He's doing great!
I spent a few hours there, after my gym time, while DD took their dog for a checkup & update rabies vaccine. DD#4 cooked supper using pre measured & pre packaged food delivered to their door. It was really good! It even comes with the recipe & step by step directions.

cricket55
Member Avatar

Spring has sprung and love the new digs Mel.

Love the pic of May at end of other thread and the spring has sprung photo.

Do you know it is only 275 days until winter??? :nod

:grouphug

barb43
Member Avatar
Thanks, Jeanette! My life would be dull without these hounds. :heh

Hi, Carmen. Sounds like working at 2 locations suits you. :): Hope that works out well.

Any of you watch the newest season premiere of Dancing With the Stars? It was okay - some laughs. I found myself cheering for Chris Kitaan (prolly not spelled right) and for Mr. T. I really expect each to be eliminated early on. Once they are, I'll probably not watch any more. I'm not a big tv fan. :shrug

'Nite, y'all! . . . :bed

Servant
Member Avatar
Official Taste Tester
Hello, hello, happy Spring!

Plumbing project on Saturday took A LOT longer than my sweetie expected. Poor guy got pretty frustrated a couple of times. But, it is all done now and put back together, leak-free, with new fixtures in the front bathroom. He was also able to use the old fixtures from the front bathroom to get the shower in his bathroom working correctly again. Win-win-win.

I spent ALL DAY today working on my algebra. One of the units early last week (or might have been late the week before, I've lost track) was an entire unit on difficult application problems with quadratic equations, some of them using the quadratic formula and others not. I went to the math center 2 or 3 days in a row but still really struggled and got quite a bit behind. I got busy finishing my Research Paper for English Comp, and spent all weekend with my honey, so I never got caught up on the algebra. Algebra final is on Wednesday, I really HAD to get caught up on that work! I made it through four entire units today, whoo-hoo! The first one was kind of tough, composite and inverse functions. Next unit was on logarithms, which are just another kind of inverse function. I thought it was going to be a really tough, long day without catching up much. However, the logarithms ended up being fairly easy, got through that unit in record time. Only 2 more units (also logarithms, I think), and I'll be caught up with all of the coursework. I intend to go to the school tomorrow, there's a 2 hour review session in the HUB from 11am till 1pm. Then, am going to re-write all of the formulas that I have kept in my notes. I *think* I remember the important ones, but want to re-read and order them and re-write to make sure they are firmly planted in my memory. THEN, Wednesday daytime I will devote to review-review-review and I have a couple of practice tests that I can use. I am ridiculously nervous. I'm kind of nervous leading up to tests anyway. But, this has been my toughest class AND I am already registered for (and have paid for) Statistics next quarter. This algebra class is a pre-req for stats. I really REALLY have to pass (2.6 or better) to be able to move on. Hopefully, it will be more like a 3.4 or better for the "points" I will eventually need for admittance to the dental hygiene program. I currently have 91.33% in the class, but department rules say you have to get 60% or better on the final to pass the class. Nothing like a little added pressure for the final exam...

OK, sorry to ramble on so long about math. I'm going to try to get through one (or two) more units before bed. It would be SO nice to be completely done with the coursework going into the review session tomorrow!

G'night!

warrior-child
Member Avatar

:wave good morning

M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

Servant

OK, sorry to ramble on so long about math. I'm going to try to get through one (or two) more units before bed. It would be SO nice to be completely done with the coursework going into the review session tomorrow!

A little math humor:

Since the formula for the volume of a cylinder is: V=pi·(radius)2·(height), then the volume of a pizza with a radius of "Z" and a height of "A" would be V=PI·Z·Z·A.

:bolt
Edited by M. Hawbaker, March 21, 2017, 4:57 am.

warrior-child
Member Avatar

:lol oh Mel

warrior-child
Member Avatar

:pray2 for you, Cathy, as you continue with your studies

Blackjack

Servant
March 20, 2017, 11:25 pm

Plumbing project on Saturday took A LOT longer than my sweetie expected. Poor guy got pretty frustrated a couple of times.
Been there and done that! :pound This is an easy job, not more than an hour. Then all kinds of unanticipated problems arise. Six torturous hours later you're finished. This after tagging along with a licensed plumber for months. I was going to be his apprentice but joined the army instead.

Spring! Pardon my cynicism but I refuse to stop worrying about the weather until April 1 and even then there is lingering angst.

:wave all.

barb43
Member Avatar
Luvv that math humor, Mel. :heh

Good morning, Jeanette! Good morning, Cathy!

You'll do fine on your algebra final, Cathy! Just don't overthink it. :wink

:lol I can relate to those plumbing projects that are supposed to be quick and easy, but and then become anything but that. :ohno

SW Oklahoma's last frost date is April 10th or 11th. Even tho' it was 93 degrees yesterday, I will be surprised if we don't have that last frost between now & then.

Y'all have a great day!

Blackjack

So Barb, did your dogs tear that rabbit up? I may have been born a Yankee but I've got a long streak of red neck in me. That would have been some fine eatin'!

barb43
Member Avatar
No,they didn't, which surprised me. Houston tore a chunk out of its middle, and he ate that, but Fran didn't eat any of it. FaithyJ, our treeing walker coonhound, was inside asleep so she missed it all. I'm sure she or Ge' would have loved to eat it, but he wasn't out there either. Franny, Houston, & Leela acted like they didn't know what to do with it - wish I could have gotten a picture of their blank faces. :lol I hated for it to go to waste, but at that point, couldn't see anything good to do with it except toss it in the trash cart.

This morning, I mixed up a tin of mackerel with some Greek yogurt and mayonnaise, added some chopped onion, and put that on a handful of torn spinach with a couple of slices of tomato. That was my breakfast. These dogs went crazy, they wanted that fish so bad. That cracked me up. I saved a little bite for each of them and they were thrilled. They'd have eaten a tin apiece if I'd had that much and allowed them. :heh

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Anything Goes! · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: