Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Prophecy Fellowship! This message board is dedicated to the glorification of Christ Jesus and the edification of Christians through study and discussion of prophecy and life from a scriptural perspective.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
UK Parents Win Millions of Dollars in ‘Wrongful Birth’ Lawsuit
Topic Started: February 12, 2017, 1:29 pm (265 Views)
M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

Parents in the UK have won millions in a so-called “wrongful-birth” lawsuit, alleging that they would have aborted their children if they had known of their disabilities while they were in the womb.

The Daily Wire reports that the couples filing the lawsuit were awarded 87 million dollars of taxpayer money when the “High Court judge ruled that doctors had been negligent in their cases.”

One of the couples has a daughter who is now eight years old who was born with microcephaly. Although the mother claims she now deeply loves her daughter, she says she would have aborted her if doctors had told her about her daughter’s condition before she was born.

http://www.christianheadlines.com/scroll-article-list/?pub=33602&art=11768471&format=Text&page=2
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Blackjack

:freaked

cricket55
Member Avatar

M. Hawbaker
February 12, 2017, 1:29 pm

One of the couples has a daughter who is now eight years old who was born with microcephaly. Although the mother claims she now deeply loves her daughter, she says she would have aborted her if doctors had told her about her daughter’s condition before she was born.
She says she deeply loves her daughter, but still would have aborted her if she had known. Seems to me you would love that precious child even in the womb.

barb43
Member Avatar
Wish Martha Stewart was My Sister!
I'm suspicious of this whole affair. Sounds like a form of graft. :wink

The mother is exploiting the daughter for her own personal gain at someone else's expense.

suzugos
Member Avatar

barb43
February 16, 2017, 7:50 pm
I'm suspicious of this whole affair. Sounds like a form of graft. :wink

The mother is exploiting the daughter for her own personal gain at someone else's expense.
Agreed! I too suspect this is the parent's attempt to to aggrandize themselves. The Judge and Barristers should have spotted that and pressed the parents to prove otherwise.

Even so, abortion is too often used to terminate inconvenient children. Without personal responsibility before God, only selfishness remains. And selfishness is what I see after reading of the article.

My 2¢ worth anyway,
συζυγος

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · News Unrelated to Prophecy · Next Topic »
Add Reply