Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Prophecy Fellowship! This message board is dedicated to the glorification of Christ Jesus and the edification of Christians through study and discussion of prophecy and life from a scriptural perspective.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
AG/ND #31: Winter Wonderland; Chat Thread for Winter
Topic Started: January 4, 2017, 6:09 am (7,712 Views)
M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

Posted Image

"Deer Creek Cottage" by Thomas Kinkade
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

Good Morning! :wave

Another really cold day here, but at least all the rain we have been getting the last few days has finally stopped.

warrior-child
Member Avatar

Good morning!
:grouphug

barb43
Member Avatar
Wish Martha Stewart was My Sister!
:wave

Nice new digs, Mel! Thanks for starting a new thread. :thumb

It's pretty cold here too - windchill is 13. Not supposed to get out of the 30s today. But, it's sunny, so that's good!

Blackjack

Nice temps here. Tomorrow the deep freeze starts.

warrior-child
Member Avatar

:wave 'Morning :grouphug

warrior-child
Member Avatar

:cold 30 degrees here at 6:55am

warrior-child
Member Avatar

:snow may be arriving Friday night
Edited by warrior-child, January 5, 2017, 5:56 am.

M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

16 degrees here this morning with possible snow in the forecast for later today.

:cold

barb43
Member Avatar
26 degrees. Feels like 13 degrees. Snow supposed to come in around 3 in the morning. :B:

Lots to do today ... get all the stuff done I need to be outside for and I can work at home tomorrow. That's the goal!

Y'all have a great day!

barb43
Member Avatar
Got my hair colored this afternoon. :thumb It's now a coppery red. The color the stylist mixed up was "dark golden blonde". It has to be my genes - and/or the Irish in me that turns my hair red. :shrug ... :heh

We were only supposed to get a "dusting" of snow, but now the weatherman is calling for 2"-4". :B: I'm still hoping for not more than that original dusting. :wink

It was so cold out today. I wore my long johns this morning, and will prolly wear a pair of them tomorrow too. Supposed to be 18 degrees tomorrow morning, and 10 degrees on Saturday. I have to go out tomorrow, afterall, but hoping to be back home early afternoon. :ohno Saturday, it will take wild horses to drag me out of this house! (I'm determined! :heh )

warrior-child
Member Avatar

:cold 'Morning :grouphug

DH is traveling home from Arizona today, with a layover in Georgia.
Praying safe travels & that his flight isn't stuck in Atlanta.

:snow

M. Hawbaker
Member Avatar

Good morning!

15 degrees here this morning.

Our predicted snow storm last night turned out to be little more than a dusting.

I'm ready for spring.

Blackjack

barb43
Member Avatar
:wave I've made it back home and settled into warm socks & fleece-lined boots that are good around the house.

Noon, straight up, and it's currently 19 degrees with a windchill of 7. It's very cold & wet out there.

When I first went out at 8:30 this morning, it wasn't bad at all. Very little snow, and what we had was a dry powder. Just before 9:30, the snow began to pour down - and it turned wet and started accumulating. I hurried to finish errands - and didn't even get to do the 2 most important ones. :sigh

Driving conditions were nearly white-out. In some spots, I was merely following the tracks of what had passed before me. And this was right in town! I was driving east on Cache Rd, Scott - if you remember Cache Rd (main drag, 3 lanes each way, east-west). As I pulled up to the lights at Cache Rd & Ft. Sill Blvd, all I could see ahead of there was a dark sky and snow falling so hard from the north it was blowing almost at a 90-degree angle. Joy, joy! I drove right into it when the light changed and I don't know who was more freaked out - me, or the car slightly ahead of me in the left lane. I kept reminding myself that I know that road very well, so if I were careful, it would be okay.

I didn't take I-44 but headed through downtown. Could barely see the street - and it's construction in both directions because 2nd St (main drag north-south) is being re-built. I pulled into a Family Dollar parking lot and peeled the ice off my windshield wipers. That didn't help much because it immediately started to build back up.

Turned east on Gore Blvd (another main drag that runs all the way across town) and couldn't find my lane at all. Finally picked up a track and carefully drove on. It was better when a half dozen of us finally ended up in a pack going east on Gore because we kept each other straight. I got within a mile of the corner I needed to turn at and couldn't see again. I was thankful that's a big wide road area, with no median, as you come past the high school. I was leading the pack, and I'm sure I wasn't in my lane, but people were pretty patient. When I turned up NE 45th toward the middle school, I pulled into the neighborhood and stopped to beat the ice off my windshield wipers again. It was 3 long blocks to my driveway and I was very happy to arrive safely in it! Everyone's trashcarts are still out from trash pickup this morning, and some have blown around so it requires not to hit them.

Called Sweetie - he still had about 30 minutes of work before he could head east. He asked how long I'd been home? Oh, just long enough to walk through the garage and dial his number as I walked into the house. All he could say was, "Wow!" I'd had coffee with him and decided I was going home - so he knew how much time had passed since I'd left him. And I only needed to drive about 7-1/2 miles. I hope he comes in safely and soon. He's a real safe driver, but he's in the little car & the snow is getting deep enough to bog down those of us in SUVs. Not a good day for a little car.

Oh, and nothing was closed down this morning - schools were open, there were a couple of places opening at 9 a.m. Nobody was expecting it to get this bad.

Okay . . . guess I'm going to do some laundry and dishes and start a spreadsheet project. Y'all stay warm & safe if you're having any of this crazy weather!

Oh, and Mel, you're wishing for spring? Well, come on out here - it's supposed to be 71 degrees on Tuesday! After this cold snap, and if we have that warm spell, several of the trees may bud out: cottonwoods and Bradford pears especially! :hysterical

:grouphug2
Edited by barb43, January 6, 2017, 12:23 pm.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Anything Goes! · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: