Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Prophecy Fellowship! This message board is dedicated to the glorification of Christ Jesus and the edification of Christians through study and discussion of prophecy and life from a scriptural perspective.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Deut 3 devotionals
Topic Started: June 13, 2016, 4:29 am (1,655 Views)
clark thompson

Deuteronomy 3:1
KJV 1 Then we turned, and went up the way to Bashan: and Og the king of Bashan came out against us, he and all his people, to battle at Edrei.
CAB 1 And we turned and went by the way leading to Bashan. And Og the king of Bashan came out to meet us, he and all his people, to battle at Edrei.

These are my thoughts.
People of this world will meet us just simply to fight.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

clark thompson

Deuteronomy 3:2
KJV 2 And the LORD said unto me, Fear him not: for I will deliver him, and all his people, and his land, into thy hand; and thou shalt do unto him as thou didst unto Sihon king of the Amorites, which dwelt at Heshbon.
CAB 2 And the Lord said to me, Fear him not, for I have delivered him, and all his people, and all his land, into your hands; and you shall do to him as you did to Sihon king of the Amorites who dwelt in Heshbon.

These are my thoughts.
We have truly nothing to fear as long as we follow the Lord because He has control.

clark thompson

Deuteronomy 3:3
KJV 3 So the LORD our God delivered into our hands Og also, the king of Bashan, and all his people: and we smote him until none was left to him remaining.
CAB 3 And the Lord our God delivered him into our hands, even Og the king of Bashan, and all his people; and we struck him until we left none of his seed.

These are my thoughts.
God has something to deliver to us if we walk in faith.

clark thompson

Deuteronomy 3:4
KJV 4 And we took all his cities at that time, there was not a city which we took not from them, threescore cities, all the region of Argob, the kingdom of Og in Bashan.
CAB 4 And we mastered all his cities at that time; there was not a city which we did not take from them; sixty cities, all the country round about Argob, belonging to King Og in Bashan;

These are my thoughts.
The mastered what God had for them because they trusted in Him we should trust in Him and He will give us what He has planned for us as well.

clark thompson

Deuteronomy 3:5
KJV 5 All these cities were fenced with high walls, gates, and bars; beside unwalled towns a great many.
CAB 5 all strong cities, lofty walls, gates and bars, besides the very many cities of the Perizzites.

These are my thoughts.
These things don’t stop the Lord.

clark thompson

Deuteronomy 3:6
KJV 6 And we utterly destroyed them, as we did unto Sihon king of Heshbon, utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city.
CAB 6 We utterly destroyed them as we dealt with Sihon the king of Heshbon, so we utterly destroyed every city in order, and the women and children,

These are my thoughts.
These people faced the wrath of God thru Israel, we want to come to Jesus so that we avoid God’s wrath on us.

clark thompson

Deuteronomy 3:7
KJV 7 But all the cattle, and the spoil of the cities, we took for a prey to ourselves.
CAB 7 and all the cattle; and we took for a prey to ourselves the spoil of the cities.

These are my thoughts.
Thru God we have blessings.

clark thompson

Deuteronomy 3:7
KJV 7 But all the cattle, and the spoil of the cities, we took for a prey to ourselves.
CAB 7 and all the cattle; and we took for a prey to ourselves the spoil of the cities.

These are my thoughts.
Do we have an attitude of serving God for what we can take because that is not the right heart.

clark thompson

Deuteronomy 3:8
KJV 8 And we took at that time out of the hand of the two kings of the Amorites the land that was on this side Jordan, from the river of Arnon unto mount Hermon;
CAB 8 And we took at that time the land out of the hands of the two kings of the Amorites, who were beyond the Jordan, extending from the brook of Arnon even unto Hermon.

These are my thoughts.
So they took it God had promised it to them sometimes what keeps us from God’s blessing is simply going out to get the blessing.

clark thompson

Deuteronomy 3:9
KJV 9 (Which Hermon the Sidonians call Sirion; and the Amorites call it Shenir;)
CAB 9 The Phoenicians call Hermon Sirion, but the Amorite calls it Senir.

These are my thoughts.
The world has their names for things but what matters is if God calls us His child.

clark thompson

Deuteronomy 3:10
KJV 10 All the cities of the plain, and all Gilead, and all Bashan, unto Salchah and Edrei, cities of the kingdom of Og in Bashan.
CAB 10 All the cities of Misor, and all Gilead, and all Bashan as far as Salcha and Edrei, cities of the kingdom of Og in Bashan.

These are my thoughts.
God has a plan to give us things are we willing to follow Him to gain them.

clark thompson

Deuteronomy 3:11
KJV 11 For only Og king of Bashan remained of the remnant of giants; behold his bedstead was a bedstead of iron; is it not in Rabbath of the children of Ammon? nine cubits was the length thereof, and four cubits the breadth of it, after the cubit of a man.
CAB 11 For only Og the king of Bashan was left of the Rephaim. Behold, his bed was a bed of iron; behold, it is in the chief city of the children of Ammon; the length of it is nine cubits, and the breadth of it four cubits, according to the cubit of a man.

These are my thoughts.
He was left sometimes when feel all alone God has left us and when can turn to Him to have everything.

clark thompson

Deuteronomy 3:12
KJV 12 And this land, which we possessed at that time, from Aroer, which is by the river Arnon, and half mount Gilead, and the cities thereof, gave I unto the Reubenites and to the Gadites.
CAB 12 And we inherited that land at that time from Ar, which is by the border of the torrent Arnon, and half the mount of Gilead; and I gave his cities to Reuben and to Gad.

These are my thoughts.
When we follow God we will be conquerors.

clark thompson

Deuteronomy 3:13
KJV 13 And the rest of Gilead, and all Bashan, being the kingdom of Og, gave I unto the half tribe of Manasseh; all the region of Argob, with all Bashan, which was called the land of giants.
CAB 13 And the rest of Gilead, and all Bashan the kingdom of Og I gave to the half-tribe of Manasseh, and all the country round about Argob, all that Bashan; it shall be accounted the land of Rephaim.

These are my thoughts.
Sometimes to gain what God has given us we have to fight giants in our life.

clark thompson

Deuteronomy 3:14
KJV 14 Jair the son of Manasseh took all the country of Argob unto the coasts of Geshuri and Maachathi; and called them after his own name, Bashanhavothjair, unto this day.
CAB 14 And Jair the son of Manasseh took all the country round about Argob as far as the borders of Gargasi and Machathi: he called them by his name Bashan Thavoth Jair, until this day.

These are my thoughts.
When we follow God there are things He has for us to take as blessings.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Bible Study · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: